Grow Kit - Blue Oyster
Grow Kit - Blue Oyster
- Environmentally friendly
- Better diet
- Tastes amazing
Overall mild, savory taste. with a subtle woodsy note
Tender, yet chewy texture when cooked for the caps.
The stems are firmer and can be used in dishes to get a meatier texture.
It's important to cook them thoroughly to achieve the right texture, as undercooked mushrooms can be somewhat rubbery.
Expect a mild, earthy aroma with a hint of sweetness that can enhance the overall perception of their flavor, especially when fresh.
Sautéed Blue Oyster Mushrooms:
Simply sauté them with garlic, butter, and fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary. This method highlights their flavor and can be a side dish or a topping for steak, chicken, or pasta.
Blue Oyster Mushroom Risotto:
Their meaty texture makes them perfect for a creamy risotto. Incorporate them just as you would with any other mushroom risotto recipe.
Blue Oyster Mushroom Soup:
Use these mushrooms in a rich, creamy soup, or in a brothy, Asian-style soup with ginger, soy sauce, and greens.
Substitute traditional mushrooms with blue oysters in a stroganoff sauce and serve over egg noodles or rice.
Stir-fried Blue Oyster Mushrooms:
They can be a fantastic ingredient in stir-fries, adding them to vegetables and a protein of your choice with a savory sauce.
Blue Oyster Mushroom Tacos:
Use them as a filling for tacos, perhaps marinated and then grilled or sautéed, and served with traditional taco accompaniments.
Vegan Mushroom "Bacon":
Slice the mushrooms, season with smoky spices, and bake or fry until crispy. This can be a vegan alternative to bacon.
Chop the mushrooms and sauté with garlic, onion, and cherry tomatoes. Spoon over toasted slices of baguette.
Ferg's LARGE Mushroom Grow Kit
Harvest gourmet mushrooms right from your kitchen—a treasure for healthy eaters and home chefs!
What's Inside the Box:
- Extra-Large Mushroom Block: Our pre-inoculated block is designed to grow an abundance of mushrooms, much more than our competitors!
- Misting Bottle: A simple spritz is all it takes to maintain the perfect humidity for your mushroom crop.
- Detailed Guide: Your journey from spore to culinary delight is captured in our easy-to-follow instructions.
Simple Steps to Gourmet Goodness:
- Cut: Make an incision in the mushroom block to awaken the mycelium.
- Spritz: Use the included misting bottle to provide the moisture needed for growth.
- Pick: Harvest your mushrooms in as little as nine days and prepare to be amazed.
- Repeat: Continue to cultivate a cycle of growth for a steady supply of fresh mushrooms.
Why Choose Our Kit?
- Healthful Living: For those dedicated to organic, wholesome produce, our kit offers an unblemished journey from box to plate.
- Gourmet at Home: Enhance your home-cooked meals with the depth and richness of freshly picked, earthy mushrooms.
- Value: Our Large kit promises a more generous harvest, so you have plenty of mushrooms to enjoy & share, each harvest lasting up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Experience the Joy of Growing:
With our mushroom grow kit, you're not just harvesting mushrooms—you're bringing a slice of nature's magic into your home. Indulge in the simplicity and satisfaction of growing your own food, knowing that the next gourmet dish is just a spritz away.
Your table awaits its hero ingredient—let the journey begin!
This is a living growing organism produced by hand right here in the USA.By subscribing we insure that your block will be handmade each month just for you. It allows us to provide you with the most fresh and highest quality grow kit directly to your door every month and no lead time! This saves us time and money, so we pass those savings along to you!
Our Guarantee to you
Please allow for up to a 2 week processing time on one-time purchases. Every block is handmade to order to insure peak viability and quality upon leaving our facility. We are unable to be liable for any damages incurred during shipping.
Grow Kit Instructions
Step 1: CUT
- Cut the Bag: Cut a 6-inch 'X' on the bag to allow the mushrooms room to grow.
- Fold the Bag: Tuck the top of the bag down to stop any air pockets, which helps more mushrooms grow.
- Set the Right Conditions: Find a spot that's not too cold or hot (60-75 ° F), not too dry, some air movement, and has a little bit of light. Places such as kitchen, warm garage or closet near window are some examples.
Step 2: CARE
- Hydrate: Use a spray bottle to keep the place where you cut the bag and the soil inside it damp, doing this 2-3 times generously, daily.
- Checking on Mushrooms: In 1 to 2 weeks, you should see tiny mushrooms starting to grow. If they look dry, give them extra sprays of water.
Step 3: PICK & REPEAT
- Picking Mushrooms: When the little mushrooms get big (usually in about a week), you can take the whole cluster off and clean off the block dust before eating. Any uneaten mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Repeat: You can expect to get 2-3 'harvests' from each block, each one getting smaller as the mushrooms run out of nutrients.
- Reuse the Mushroom Soil: After your block has dried out, you can remove the plastic covering, and toss the mushroom soil into your compost pile or garden beds. Your plants will thank you!